Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wednesday 23 rd at Clayton

If anyone thinks Air BnB is without risk think again.
I instant booked because English hosts regard this as a hobby. I will get back when I can so waiting a day to be told sorry I told Air Bnb to blank that out is maddening.
So I instant booked.
I was uneasy when I arrived, something was a bit odd, but who is perfect and what's the worst that could happen ?
I was in the attic and in the middle of the night a door slammed.
I went down the skinny steep stairs ( how they get consent is beyond me) to attend to the nocturnal pee only to find someone had left a jobbie on the floor in front of the toilet.
That was scary. Very scary.
Air BnB are the pits actually.  Did you know you cannot contact them ? They are unreachable. Office in London money laundered in Ireland.
Sadly most of the time the system works. I still use it and the billionaire owners get richer every time.
There are huge protests in Europe about Air BnB and yet no one is making a better mousetrap and there is lots of room to improve. 
Would someone please create a better system. 
So having moved I spent two days walking the South Down Way, again.
It is not all overgrown mud paths although some is. Some even have reasonable signs and once just once I found a sign that said where to !!!   Bloody amazing. A few other walkways give some information not many do. The paranoia of invasion !!
But walking the hills behind Brighton was pretty good.  I could even see the Seven Sisters in the distat haze.....I was walking there three days ago
I continue to meet wonderfully polite interesting people and that is huge fun. Even a lady on an Irish Cob horse named Clodagh. With a delightful rider. I then by coincidence  met a couple at the Pub who also had a part Cob Part Irish hunter. Same story, wonderful horse will aven do dressage if you can imagine a horse with feet the size of tennis racquets you get the image.
I have been rubbing my are since last Sunday when I went to the horse and dog show thinking I had contracted Lyme disease but in fact the stiffness is walking 10 miles a day is causing the stiff joints.
With luck I will get a massage tomorrow at the 'flash hotel' I have booked.
'That is something better to wake up for.
Oh by the way the weather is improving, it rains at night !!

No comments: