Saturday, August 19, 2017

Better day today

Only rained once
Pitted my wits against the POM that wrote the book of wonderful walks. Again he won. I got lost again. I must walk 50% further by the time I have wandered the countryside looking for the next little disc that indicates a walking path. They are devlishcunning where they hide them.
No chance for an invading army because they only show a direction. Not to where, not how far, in fact very little thats is useful because having seen the general direction it is then a process of deduction as to where it may be and that doetimes involved  walking to both corners of the field.
But it is the way to see incredible wealth. These pathways sometimes go very close to some amazingly expensive properties.
I mentioned the fiftieth or whatever Lord Gage in his stately home. I have no idea who lived at the most georgeous Tudor style mansion with manicured grounds almost a small village of  housing for the "staff" new Bentley, Range Rovet outside the considerable number of garages.
How well some people live amazes me.
It is also s credit to them that they can retain that much property and keep it going but here is the rub.
According to my man Peter who voted retain,  no one has revealed what massive subsidies these 'farmers' get. His idea was it will be good to deal with the commonwealth again and good old NZ lamb for Xmas. I was a little concerned that the lambs we once produced is now milk powder.
However to beat that drum again I am now being listened to when I say a political solution will be 'found'  that allows everyone a victory, yeah right.
So tomorrow I return to the home of Gage to watch an equestrian event. Should be wonderful and if not the Ram Inn is nearby.
So the news is all about M Barrymore being acquitted and Bruce Forsyth passing.
Wow England thought a lot of Brucie.
I like rural England. Lots of old people of course but where stet here not, the usual Asian shopkeeper, yes even here but in the main a very white community.
I wonder for how long ?
The relentless march of Africans is coming through Europe including Spain who are getting what for at the moment. If these people were coming to integrate then perhaps maybe, but according to the times they are similar to Pacific Islanders in that they gone they work and the money goes home.  No doubt I will get a message from Gareth if I am incorrect.
Since I have bought up Politics I see the US pundits are op only saying it is the era of against. Which is my story too.
So what will Kiwi voters be against.
And on the matter of Kiwi I stayed a few nights with a man called Kivi and his partner. What nice people. He is a butcher Carpenter and I reckon capable of anything but from Estonia and I had a wonderful meal BBQ lamb and pork potato salad and fried saurkraut. That was pretty special.

We could do with more people like this. Can't understand why we take the dregs when people like this educated civilised law abiding, want to get out of Europe.

No comments: